Has it really been four months since I updated this site?
Oops. How embarrassing. Sorry, Internet.
Wow, hardly can be calling myself a "blogger", now can I?
Well, gentle reader, it has been four months since my last post. The dog didn’t eat my homework; nope, I’ve just been darn busy. Doing what, you may ask? (Or not. But I’m going to tell you anyway.)
- Attending the Leadership program from Coaches Training Institute to strengthen my own leadership skills – in my life, my work, in the areas I want to make a difference in. I’ve already learned a ton more about myself, met some awesome peers and colleagues, and am stepping more into who I am authentically as a leader. Not bad, huh?
- Stepping into more team coaching and training work – fun, challenging, edgy!
- Collaborating with new partners – great to be learning with others in this way.
- Coaching, coaching, coaching!
- (and, trying to exercise more, strengthening my spiritual practice, potty training my 3 year old, making art with my 5 year old, reading books for pleasure and learning, and going out on dates with my husband.)
I’ve been saying that I’ve been hitting my "sweet spot" lately – meaning (indulge me here: I’m not a tennis player) that I’m swinging and really knocking it over the net. I’m doing the work I’ve dreamed of doing, that I’m meant to do, and I’m apparently doing it well.
To wit: I’ve been getting feedback from others on the order of: "wow, you’re really good at that." "you have a way of saying things that really provides clarity." "will you please take on this gigantic project for us, and we’ll pay you well for it."
Um, gosh, OK. Or, really, more accurately: thanks, Universe. I owe ya one!
I’m off to California next week for Leadership Retreat 2. The rest of May is crazy busy as well, but I’ll try to ignore you all less… and write more.
Or better yet, come play with me out here!
— How 2008 going for you so far?
— What’s the "sweet spot" you’re currently hitting?