Team Coaching and Training
Your Work Culture Isn’t an Accident
If your team spends more time dealing with non-productive conflict than achieving your larger purpose, everyone loses: your community, your stakeholders, and your organization as a whole.
You hear team members grumble and sigh. You witness outbursts of anger and slammed doors. You see people going out of their way to avoid each other.
You’ve also seen your fair share of team members quit because of burnout, frustration, and feeling hopeless.
If you’ve tried everything to fix the problem, and nothing’s worked…
…If you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders…
…There’s Good News
The solution is simple (but it does take work).
But before I get into that, I want to assure you that you’re not alone.
Many organizations like yours face these challenges. Usually, they put up with these types of struggles for much longer than they should.
Sometimes it’s because they’re used to making do with what they have. Other times it’s because they’re striving so hard to deliver results that they don’t take time to focus on their own internal functioning.
Can you relate?
Imagine That Your Team…
- Unites and agrees on clear goals, and has a plan for how to stay on track
- Learns how to resolve conflict, making it easier to get more work done
- Communicates respectfully and directly, even when it’s difficult
- Has more energy and feels lighter, leading to more focused productivity
- Appreciates and can leverage team diversity for greater impact
- Provides more timely and tailored customer service
- Trusts each other more and competes with each other less
- Establishes a safe forum to grow and implement new strategies
- Maintains a more positive work environment and looks forward to coming to work
I believe that effective working relationships and positive team culture aren’t an accident: they can be designed.
Your team is product of the cultures and systems that you come from and surround you; you can also shift organizational culture and systems through conscious and intentional action.
With my team coaching, we look at relationships first. How you treat each other makes a difference in how you get work done and in the results you are able to achieve.
That doesn’t mean that everyone on your team needs to be best friends and spending weekends out on the town together.
My mission is to help you develop trusting, honest, respectful, productive working relationships so you can achieve better results and outcomes in your work.
What It’s Not
You might have tried off-site workshops that helped your team for a few days or weeks, but didn’t “stick.”
After all, what’s the point of passing an orange from one person’s neck to another if you doesn’t really help you work together better?
Know that my approach to team coaching isn’t about formulaic exercises or one-size-fits-all approaches.
How It Works
Over a period of six months, I work with your full team to improve communication, productivity, and team culture.
- Organizational assessment of how your team currently works together
- 1/2 day kick-off team coaching session
- Three follow-up 1/2 day team coaching sessions (spaced 4-6 weeks apart)
- One follow-up session two-three months later to anchor and extend the learning
Topics We Cover
Each team coaching package is designed to meet your team’s specific needs. However, topics common to many teams include:
- Articulating team vision & agreements
- Effective communication & feedback skills
- Defining working roles & relationships
- Increasing productivity & accountability
Team + Individuals: Everyone Benefits
Combine team coaching with follow-up individual coaching for even more benefit!
As a team, you learn to trust each other, work with conflict effectively, and create a respectful and productive work environment.
As individuals, you learn how to handle your own emotions and develop a greater self-awareness that positively impacts the team as a whole. You learn to monitor yourself and hold yourself accountable for your own actions.
Following up team coaching with individual coaching for team members gets you faster results, helps the changes stick, and gives team members a chance to understand and own the impact of their behaviors in a new way.
Within 2 business days, I’ll email you about the next steps. If we’re a good match, you can take my next open client slot.
“From working with Hanna, our team was able to directly address “sticking points” in our interpersonal interactions and in our ability to get the work done. The team now has a sense of enhanced competence, curiosity, more energy, and more pleasure in working together. Colleagues outside our team comment upon how well we work together (and how much fun we have!) and how much we are able to accomplish. We, in turn, have incorporated what we have learned and practiced into how we work with our primary audiences and customers.” – EH, US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
With just a few hours of coaching per month, we can begin to turn your team around. You don’t have to steamroll over your whole team and start all over. I help you make small adjustments that have a huge impact on morale and productivity.
I also offer a limited number of stand-alone half-day or full-day off-site workshops and conference sessions. Of course, I don’t go as deep as I would with a full-on series of team coaching sessions. But you still get the benefits of skills for conflict management and improved communication in a more condensed version. Please contact me for details.
Some of the groups and organizations I’ve worked with include:
- American Public Health Association
- Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Directors of Health Promotion and Education
- Emerging Leaders Network
- Healthy Wisconsin Leadership Institute
- Kansas-Missouri-Oklahoma Leadership Institute
- Michigan Public Health Training Center
- Minnesota International Health Volunteers
- Minnesota Department of Health
- University of Illinois-Chicago, School of Public Health
- University of Minnesota, School of Public Health
- University of North Carolina, School of Public Health
- Wisconsin Population Health Fellowship
“Team coaching with Hanna helped our team to be strategic, forward thinking and proactive, so that we were able to adapt to our fast-paced changing work environment, and still be grounded and very productive.” — Public Health Program Manager
“After working with Hanna as a team coach for several months, our team is now enjoying our work more, is more confident in the products we are delivering to our clients, and can deliver exceptional customer services. In just the last few months, we have gotten several, unsolicited thank-you notes from our clients—which I attribute to the higher level of service we are now delivering thanks to Hanna’s support.” — LM, small business owner
I’ll be in touch within two business days.