Jodee introduced me this week to a great resource, Awesome Women. A 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Minnesota, Awesome Women’s vision is "a world where every woman’s voice makes a difference". Their mission is to "attract and develop powerful women leaders who speak up about what’s important to them."
More about what Awesome Women is about:
Our goal is to help women:
• Clearly articulate their insights, ideas, unique perspectives and rationale.
• Strengthen their voices when they’re ignored or opposed.
• Expand their leadership potential and confidence.
• Tackle key challenges and opportunities successfully.
The “ripple effect” of the positive change that we women can ignite
in our homes, neighborhoods, workplaces, communities, and globally will
be even more than we can imagine today.
Awesome Women is committed to …
1. Building a community of women
leaders – To create a highly supportive and diverse community of
established and emerging women leaders who honor and support other
women in all their endeavors.
2. Strengthening women’s voices – To give women around the world the
tools and support they need to find and strengthen their voices and to
initiate much-needed change.
3. Developing women leaders – To offer a variety of educational
opportunities and tools that teach women how to find their uniqueness,
grow into their greatness, and transform their personal visions into
4. Establishing connections – To connect like-minded women around
the world through multiple mediums and a wide variety of forums.
5. Celebrating women’s strengths – To celebrate the unique wisdom
and significant contributions of the women of the world, often and
From what I’ve seen so far, these
women are up to some cool things, and their work is inspiring to me.
Whether you’re a woman, or just know a few, who can’t get behind this
mission and goals?
What might the world be like if, like Awesome Women’s mission, everyone spoke up about what’s important to them?