In a recent post, I asked you to share your plans and goals for 2006, and said I’d share mine. To hold true to my promise from that post (and add an extra layer of accountability for myself!), here are some of my plans for 2006 (and some background):
1) Stepping it up as a professional coach
– I’ll be working towards completing coach certification
this year through The Coaches Training Institute, the organzation that I received my
original training from in 2004-2005. The process is rigorous, including
six months of additional training and supervision, culminating in a
written and oral exam. I’m excited about this opportunity to increase my coaching skills, and to be able to be considered as a credentialed coach after completing this next phase.
2) Taking care of my physical self
– Maintaining my physical health is key to balancing my life. Specifically, I’m working on losing the last of the weight from my second pregnancy (March 2005). I’ve already made great head-way since starting Weight Watchers online in November, and have a group of friends that I check-in with weekly. Adding back regular exercise and meditation into my life are other pieces of this plan.
– I’m thinking about this in a number of different ways: time with my husband, our immediate family, our extended family, and our friends; as well as commitments to our community surrounding us. I’m also wanting to find a spiritual community for our family to grow, explore, learn and be together.
These ones are the big ones for me, the ones I’ll be holding in the front of my attention this year. Having some balance between my physical, intellectual and emotional selves is key for me in order to make a difference.
What’s crucial for you to hold as your focus this year, in order to make a difference?